I think we are finished collecting containers. Whew! We found some incredible steals from thrift shops. Most of these we only paid a few dollars for.
And then we found a 3 tiered glass dessert tray from TJ Max for only $14 for the special truffles we will be ordering. We decided on the following flavors: dark chocolate raspberry and pumpkin pie. Mmmmmm!
We lined them all up on the kitchen table to get an idea of what we have and how they should be placed. We have a great collection!
Mr. Glampants came up with the awesome idea that we should have caramel popcorn as one of our goodies. So we want to find a large tin and cover it with fabric. Or we may just use the 2 giant containers from Home Goods instead.
We also want to make a cute display box for our lollipops. (This is not the cute display box.)
I want to do something like this:
Credit: http://www.hostessblog.com/2009/12/diy-candy-buffet-lollipop-displays/
That's a project for April.
And then there's our cotton candy trees. I need to find some good branches outside and then I will spray paint them black. I hope this turns out the way I have it pictured in my head. We are going to make 2 displays and have them sit on each end of the table.
We don't know if we are going to use a 6 foot or 8 foot table yet but we know we will have a lot of space because our kitchen table is only 4 feet long and everything almost fits on it. We will use tealight candles in mini-pumpkins, large pumpkins and the trees to fill out the space. I may be more excited about the candy buffet than anything else in the reception.



No comments:
Post a Comment