This went so incredibly well! Drea, my regular stylist (and also a bridesmaid) rocked this. I wasn't sure how the inspiration photos would translate what I was going for but it worked, even better really. I went to the salon and was early but apparently I looked stressed. Drea said "Relax! This is going to be just fine, I promise you." So I did. And it was.
Mr. Glampants was there in the salon and I asked for his opinion on things. I know that most brides will think that's unthinkable but I trust his opinion more than anyone's and I wanted to know.
Drea added my gorgeous fascinator. Then added my earrings that I was having major second thoughts about for the last few weeks. I didn't think they were sparkly enough. But under the salon lights they were plenty blingy. Callie, my MOH, surprised me by showing up and that was awesome! So I got opinions from both of them and got a small taste of what my wedding day will be like. It's hard to put into words but it was one of those "Holy crap, I'm getting married!" moments and the reality kicked in. Scary. But exciting!
We tried my cage veil. FAILURE. ARGH! I hated the way it felt on my face. It didn't look right. I was crushed. Now what would I do? Figure it out soon.
But at least my hair trial was a success!!! Drea wants to do it one more time (twice if we have time) before the big day. Just to be sure and to be more comfortable with it. Oh, and she surprised me by volunteering to do all my girls' hair for the wedding, for NO charge! She rocks my socks. :) I'm so excited that I will be able to give my girls the option of having pro makeup (paid for by us) and pro hair at no charge to them!





No comments:
Post a Comment