Monday, January 24, 2011

Update on productivity

This past weekend was super productive wedding-wise. Things are really coming together and we are getting things done. Whew.

Last week the big thing I accomplished was finding the hair flower I want to order. I heart Etsy!


And also finally deciding on the style of earrings I want. Not so much the style, but the color. Black! I started fearing that my ensemble was becoming too white and traditional and losing the real me. Not so much anymore. I am torn between these:


and these

and these

and THESE (of course these are the highest priced ones)


Saturday was just a great wedding luck kind of day. Mr. Glampants and I were up super early and went to town on the list. We checked out the bridal shop next to the the condo and saw the BM dress that my MOH scored on finding by total amazing luck. (Yay for technology because we did it all by text and phone pics with me in Virginia and her at the bridal shop in Ohio! Within like 15 minutes.) It's even prettier in person. And we were able to see the fabric colors in the Alfred Angelo line. This is what we are going with:

(insert pic here)

And I also talked to the bridal shop about altering my dress. They said I can make an appointment on any Wednesday to talk to the seamstress. Yay! I hope it's not super expensive to get it altered.

We went to a thrift store and found candy buffet containers and also a pretty rectangle silver charger with rhinestone beading on the edges. We will put cookies or something similar on it. And Mr. Glampants found 2 matching beee-yoo-tiful wine carafes to use for our wine unity ceremony. How does he do it?! I think we spent about $7 total there.

We went to another thrift store and found even more steals for large containers.

Men's Wearhouse was next to check out tuxes. Ended up booking then and there and that's done now! Go Mr. Glampants! This is the tux he chose for himself and his boys:



The Home Goods trip was a success. We found 2 matching HUGE candle holders to use as candy containers or something else. They were only $7 a piece. SCORE.

The whole group here:


Michaels didn't have what I needed but we had a 50% off coupon and also a 40% coupon. So we got 2 bags of deep red gems for the ceremony aisle decor. They are expensive at $7 for a 3 lb bag so we plan to get one bag at a time with coupons every time.

And then I scored by hearing about a Groupon.com deal for Mixbook. $15 for $50 worth of purchases. So this makes our photo guest book only cost $15 with shipping! A serious deal. $20 less than I expected to pay. I'm ecstatic.

That was all on Saturday. I know, right!

Sunday I dragged Mr. Glampants to our first bridal expo. He said it was his first and last. I kind of have to agree that I feel the same way. It was ridiculous crowded and there was a lot of pushing. I hear that our experience wasn't common. I am not sure it was even helpful to me because I spend so much time on wedding websites and get all of the info and ideas I need through them.

We changed our honeymoon location yet again. Back to Vegas which was our original plan. It's about $3K cheaper than Sandals Antigua. And probably a lot more fun for us since we are party people. And we will get to do Halloween in Vegas! What could be better than that?

Back to Etsy, I placed an order for swatches with ink samples for our custom GM (and groom) ties. It should be an exciting mail week because I am also expecting:

- vintage unicorn earrings from Etsy for the DIY cufflinks I am making for my beloved groom
- our Save the Date postcards from Vistaprint.com
- wooden letter "C" from Crafty Eddy for our DIY cake topper
- 1,440 tiny red crystals from Ebay for the cake topper

And if that wasn't enough going on, Shutterfly.com just emailed me a deal to get 75 glossy 4x6 prints for (drumroll, please) FREE. It's $4 total with shipping. I am going to get our e-pics and other pics of us printed and making a collage for the huge display case at the venue. I have a lot of space to fill in the case (ooh, rhyming) so I am trying to be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment