Thursday, June 2, 2011

Catch-up from May

What a roller coaster this is. We are 148 days out. I never believed that 148 days would feel like such a short time. In the wedding world, all time is different.

This week I have been all over the map with emotions. Up until last night I was sick of thinking about it. Tired of the stress. Tired of it all. I just wanted it to get here. Last night my anxiety kicked in when I woke up in the middle of the night. I chose that opportune time to worry about every possible problem that may or may not crop up. I woke up 3 times last night doing this to myself. Today, I looked at my to do list again (for the millionth time this year) and realized that I am pretty much on target and don't have a lot left to do. And what there is left to do can't be done until the last few months anyway. I feel a little more relaxed. GAH! But I can't wait until we are finally married and I don't have to worry about this anymore.

At this point, I have mostly buying/ordering left to do. I will feel much better once that starts to happen again.

In the past month:

- The bridesmaid dresses have been ordered! Huge sigh of relief.

- I re-designed the programs (about 5 times) and finally decided on a much more simple double sided one page (which gives you 4 halves) program. It folds in half, prints in B/W on our home printer, and will be super cheap and super easy to make. I say it's super easy now. But that's not how it started out.

I decided that Adobe Indesign would be the best program to use to design the programs. I learned it on the fly, enough to be dangerous, and fought with it for all of Friday evening and all of Saturday
morning/afternoon. It was a lot like Illustrator, only it wasn't. The problem was that blank half pages kept printing out no matter if they were showing that way on screen. I was in way over my head. After a good
10-12 hours of work. 

Mr. Glampants stepped in and tried to help me out. He agreed that the program was crazy. Of course it wasn't us! I finally gave up on it. I went back to Old Faithful -- Adobe Illustrator. I love that program. I
used the mockup design from Indesign to re-create (oh yes, alllll over again) the wedding program in Illustrator. After about 25 drafts and revisions printed out to test the visual, success! So that's finished
now minus any small changes in wording that could occur between now and October 28th.

- Also, last weekend we changed our Recessional. I was searching Google images looking for program examples for some wording and found one where the couple had walked back down the aisle to "We Go Together" from Grease. Of course!!! Why didn't we think of this before now? We discussed it and decided to change our recessional music. We love "Everlong" by The Foo Fighters and it's super dramatic. But there's
plenty of dramatic music prior to that in the ceremony. And wouldn't it be much more fun to dance out of the ceremony to "We go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong, Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom, Chang chang changity chang shoo bop that's the way it should be, Waooo, Yeah"?

We thought so! I'm not sure if it's as sentimental to Mr. G as it is to me but he's on board with the idea. I must have seen Grease 500 times as a kid and it's easily my favorite movie. I think the song really suits us because it's silly and cute like we are.

- I did my final dress fitting. I'm so glad this part is over. Do you know how many times I went in for alterations? Five. Five times.

#1 was to pin it up and see what needed to be done

#2 was to try it on after the bustle was added (yay!) and the waist was taken in a bit. Much better. It became a different dress and I finally loved it. It was also supposed to be hemmed so that my feet didn't show. She was going to add a ruffle. But she forgot to add the ruffle.

#3 was to try it on again. The waist was now fine and the top was fitting better. The bottom was too long!Boo. :( 

#4 was my mistake. I was supposed to come back in 2 weeks but came back after 1. Luckily, the bridal shop is right down the street.

#5 was my final fitting. The hem was right. And everything else fit nicely. Geesh, there was so much stress over this dress.

- I also got my dress altered for my sister's wedding. I love it. It's a Mori Lee dress. It only took one alteration to get it right. The back and the sides were taken in.

So at least those are some more big things to cross off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment